After you install CM Coupon Listing, you need to configure it first. In CM Coupon Lising’s Dashboard, you click Options button on the toolbar, you are taken to Config component where you can configure many options in CM Coupon Listing.
We have 6 tabs: General, Vote & comment, Submission page, Sharing buttons, Access and Permissions.
- Limit: Number of items displayed per page. Only applied for coupon list in categories, merchant list. Not applied for coupon list in merchant detail page.
- Logo folder: The folder where logos of merchants are stored.
- Coupon folder: The folder where coupons of merchants are stored.
- Notify admin for new merchant: Enable or disable mailing to administrators when a new merchant registers. All administrators will receive this notification mail.
- Date format: The date format used which is used in merchant and user’s submission forms.
- Notify admin for new coupon: Send notification mail to administrators when there is a new coupon submitted in front-end by merchant or user.
- Auto activate merchant: Auto activate merchant after merchant registers.
- Supported coupon types: Coupon types that you support on your site. Only selected coupon types are displayed in front-end for users to choose.
- Coupon display order: The order of coupons in coupon list.
- Enable coupon detail page: Detail page shows more info about coupon. Enabling coupon detail page also gives user ability to share coupon via social networks. Coupon’s detail description is disabled if coupon detail page is disabled.
- Display get coupon button in coupon list: If you disable coupon detail page, you should display get coupon button in coupon list so that users can get coupon. If you enable coupon detail page, you can hide the button in coupon list, users need to view detail page to get coupon.
- Category list’s column quanity: Category list page displays categories and merchants in those categories, the list is displayed as columns.
- Sub-category’s left indent: Children categories are displayed right below their parent category, you can use spaces or symbols to separate these categories from the left margins, let’s us easily recognize that they are children category. This setting is used in both back-end and front-end. You can use HTML entity name, eg for a space or → for a right arrow.
Logo and coupon folders are inside your Joomla!‘s image folder. You can configure your Joomla!‘s image folder in Media Manager.
The email’s templates are stored in the language file of the component, to customize the templates you can modify the language file.
- Vote: Enable or disable vote.
- Who can vote: Only users in selected access level can vote.
- Ask questions: When voting, ask user what he/she bought and how much he/she saved (good coupon), or the reason why coupon didn’t work (bad coupon).
- Comment: Enable or disable comment.
- Who can comment: Only users in selected access level can comment.
- Captcha: Use the Captcha plugin in comment form. You may need to enter required information for your Captcha plugin.
- Comment’s pagination: The number of comments which are displayed below coupon, this is also the number of comments which are loaded next when user want to view more comments.
- Access submission page: Only users who are in the selected access level can access submission page to submit new coupon.
- Return page: The page where user is taken to after a successful submission.
- Captcha: Use the Captcha plugin in submission form. You may need to enter required information for your Captcha plugin.
- Share coupon buttons on coupon list: Display sharing buttons for coupon on coupon list page.
- Share coupon buttons on coupon detail: Display sharing buttons for coupon on coupon detail page.
- Share merchant buttons on merchant list: Display sharing buttons for merchant on merchant list page.
- Share merchant buttons on merchant detail: Display sharing buttons for merchant on merchant detail page.
- Coupon’s default access level: The access level group that is allowed to view coupons. This setting is applied for new coupons submitted by merchants and users in front-end.
Default permissions used in CM Coupon Listing. The component doesn’t support access level group in back-end so actions
Edit State and
Edit Own are not supported.